Five Complete Batshit Insane Things From a Single Sarah Palin Facebook Post:
Look, she's not going away, so we may as well just deal with her. Of course, dealing with Sarah Palin on her terms would mean one would have to become an attention whore of such appetites that entire Broadway chorus lines would say, "Damn, that's some attention whoring." So, instead, let's just let her speak for herself.
In her latest Facebook posting (if by "her," you mean, "whichever pathetic, now-suicidal personal assistant got the short straw and had to crib shit from Keep America Safe or the Heritage Foundation to scrawl down as Palin's own"), Palin lays out a foreign policy doctrine that can best be described as "Hey, world, blow us."
1. "Something has to be done urgently to stop the out of control Obama-Reid-Pelosi spending machine, and no government agency should be immune from budget scrutiny. We must make sure, however, that we do nothing to undermine the effectiveness of our military." Read that again - in one sentence, she says no agency should be immune; in the next, she says, "Well, except the military." Later, she explicitly says, "Cut spending in other departments – apart from defense." The only purpose of the first part is to say "Obama-Reid-Pelosi," as if it's an unholy trinity of cash-engorged corruption.
2. "When George W. Bush came into office, he inherited a military that had been cut deeply, an al Qaeda that had been unchallenged, and an approach to terrorism that focused on bringing court cases rather than destroying those who sought to destroy us." How many things are wrong in that sentence? The Rude Pundit counts at least three (Clinton's military budget was in effect when we invaded Afghanistant, Clinton had been shooting missiles at al-Qaeda sites, and the Bush administration brought more than a few court cases.)
3. "The President’s new National Security Strategy does not even use the word 'Islamic' when referring to violent extremism. Does he think the ideology of those who seek to kill Americans is irrelevant?" This is now just getting exhausting. Please, make it stop.
4. "[The Obama administration] escalated a minor zoning issue in Jerusalem into a major dispute with our most important ally in the Middle East, Israel." This would be about more Jewish settlements being built.
5. "We have a President, perhaps for the very first time since the founding of our republic, who doesn’t appear to believe that America is the greatest earthly force for good the world has ever known." Sigh.
In the National Review Online, Kevin Williamson suggests replacing RNC Chair Michael Steele with Palin: "A Chairman Palin would help set the right tone for the Republican party without having to get herself entangled in the minutiae of policy-development, which has not been her forte." Ya think?