In Brief: Other Political Ideologies Barack Obama Must Follow:
Since the McCain/Palin campaign has decided that because Barack Obama wants to tax people making over $250,000 in taxable income (which means a hell of a lot more than $250,000 in take-home pay) at a slightly higher rate than now, they can call it "socialism." Or, well, they can say that others say it's socialism and that, as McCain called the idea of "spread the wealth," Obama follows "one of the basic tenets of socialism." In doing this, McCain's campaign is focusing in on idiots as their base, the people who don't actually understand what socialism is (and being ably enabled by idiots in the conservative media).
So if all one needs to be a socialist is to believe that those with money should pay a bit more in taxes, if the bar is set so low, what other outre' political philosophies must Barack Obama be following?
1. Barack Obama must be an anarcho-syndicalist because he believes in the power of unions.
2. Barack Obama must be a Whig because he believes in the government's role in building infrastructure and education.
3. Barack Obama must be a Gaullist because he believes in regulating banks.
4. Barack Obama must be a neo-Aristotelianist because he was a community organizer.
5. Barack Obama must be a Dadaist because cow.