12/29/2023

Haiku Review of 2023: The Haiku Before the Storm

Once again, I asked and you sent a fuckton of haiku. Coming in from sea to shining sea, even across a sea or two, you've once again defined the year with your simple, short poems. Here are a few of the absolute best so far (and I've only read the emails up through yesterday).

From Anonymous in AZ:
The fetus at all costs!
Until it’s born and breathing.
Then “Welcome cruel world.”

From John in Anderson, Indiana:
written on my heart
from the songs of Palestine
I wish I was free

From an American who fled to England, then to Spain, to escape the madness:
Mediocre men
Think that they should rule us all
We should smash their balls

From Rabbitearz in Los Angeles (who has gotten one in most every year):
It puts the Dick in
Dicktator. What a fucking
Blood-chilling dick-head.

From Doug in Sugar Pine:
Ethics
Clarence Thomas sucks
The meaning out of the words
Supreme Court Justice

From Ruth Ann in Madison:
Pageantry 2023
Miss America,
a nuclear engineer:
real Barbenheimer.

And from me:
Israel Can Liberate Itself
Bibi's been babied
By bilious bullshitters.
But bye-bye, bitch?

Prison Violence Is Wrong Or...
I know I should care
That Derek Chauvin was stabbed.
I'll wait 9 minutes.

Jeb = Ron
Maybe Florida
governors should stop running
to be president. 

Keep on sending them in to rudepundit@yahoo.com. I want to get haiku'd in the face repeatedly. Make that happen, rude readers.