12/28/2022

Haiku Review of 2022: Barbarian Prey

Once more, I have called upon you to send me haikus. And, once more, you have bestowed upon me a fuck-ton of haikus. It's like the haiku truck backed up to my email and dumped a pile of lovely and cruel words, angry and hilarious lines, all for my choosing. So here's the first batch of little poems after going through just one day of the dozens and dozens of submissions coming from sea to shining motherfuckin' sea in this decadent land. 

From Heather in Sun City
The red wave turned blue,
Their real red still spraying from
Bullets, more bullets.

From Steve
new mass extinction
the planet is not dying
humanity is

From MK in Tampa
Two Garbage Governors
Abbott, DeSantis:
Evil legitimized by
Their re-election.

From Anonymous in California
Putin’s enemies,
Suffer Tall Building Syndrome,
Fall and die a lot.

From Doug S. in Denver
Fetterman won it;
Oz can go back to Jersey,
Selling snake oil

From Rabbitearz in Los Angeles
Horny Target Lady
Dildos on aisle 6.
Rep Greene goes to check-out line
We have more of these?

And lastly for today, one that made me actually laugh...out loud.
From Esther in Hawaii
2022 the Mood
Optimism lost
I learned that sea otters are
Necrophiliacs

It's just the the first 24 hours of haiku. So keep your hopes alive if you've sent them in. More tomorrow and Friday. Once again: 5-7-5 syllables. Titled or untitled. Send 'em to: rudepundit (at) yahoo.com. And make sure you tell me your nom de rude and some place somewhere. 

(The title up there is two of my favorite horror flicks from the year. They are actually surprising, exciting, and twisted.)