12/31/2021

Haiku Review of 2021: Blue Weekend

I'm loving the pouring on of haikuing that's happening. Yeah, slap me with haiku. Tickle me with haiku. Peg me with haiku. Here's another 10-spot of 'em to kick 2021's ass out the window.

From Madeleine Begun Kane of Mad Kane's Political Madness Blog in NYC:
Evil Dick’s spawn Lynne
Tries to save Democracy.
Hell’s frozen over.

From Q. Santi in Belize:
New GOP
Party of losers
Stolen election my ass!
Go cry in your beer

From Jim in California:
Merry Christmas from the Boebert Family
The happy Boeberts 
Clutching their guns with dreams of
A Muslim bloodbath

From Heather in Sun City, AZ:
Grandchild
A new baby breathes.
My planet just keeps dying.
I must smile and cry.

From Rabbit Earz in Los Angeles:
On the house tonight
Bleach-A-Ritas cure Covid
Drink until you die

From RG in Illinois:
Lather, Rise, Repeat
The fuck, man! The FUCK!
WEAR THE FUCKIN' MASK! YOU FUCK!
YOU FUCKING FUCKER!

From T. Mangrove in Wisconsin:
MAGA’s response to
The Audacity of Hope:
Fear, anger, and spite.

From Beth in Alexandria, VA:
Cicadas
Red eyes, freaky sounds,
Bodies falling from the trees,
Brood X in my yard.

From Mel in rural Oregon:
Q has gone silent.
Under psychiatric care?
Or tired of the joke?

From Jack in a hellishly red area of a hellish blue state:
Twenty twenty-one
Rotten to the goddamned end
Rest well, Betty White

I might have one more day of haikunification in me. I've still got a few dozen to get through. Thanks to all who made the effort, whether you got in or not. 

(The title is from Wolf Alice's incredible 2021 album.)