Mitt Romey's Post Obamacare Plan: Nothing:
So here's what Mitt Romney's own goddamn website says the one-term governor of Massachusetts will do for Americans' health insurance needs upon election, right after he repeals the dreaded Obamacare, the cost-saving, sick-person-helping monster that ate America's soul:
1. Give Medicaid as a block grant to states (who can obviously just be trusted to do the right thing).
2. "Limit federal standards and requirements on both private insurance and Medicaid coverage" (which means less oversight and more dicking people over)
3. "Ensure flexibility to help the uninsured, including public-private partnerships, exchanges, and subsidies" (which is absolutely meaningless- "Ensuring flexibility" is pretty much the same thing as "almost meeting someone who'll fuck you")
4. "Ensure flexibility to help the chronically ill, including high-risk pools, reinsurance, and risk adjustment" (ditto)
5. "Offer innovation grants to explore non-litigation alternatives to dispute resolution" (which has nothing to do with providing anyone with health care and everything about covering the asses of insurance companies)
It goes on a bit, with such awesomeness as "Prevent discrimination against individuals with pre-existing conditions who maintain continuous coverage" (thus doing jackshit for anyone who can't get insurance), capping malpractice punitive damages, and promoting...oh, who the fuck knows. But to "promote" is, as everything in this useless pile of nothing is, worthless.Worse than worthless because health care becomes a clusterfuck of state policies with, all tolled, will probably come in at more than the awful 2400 pages conservatives can't get over.
This is Romney in a nutshell: an empty suit who uses the deliberate obfuscation of business speak to make it seem like he's accomplishing something when, in reality, he's merely tearing down something for the sake of tearing it down. Like he did with Bain Capital. Like he did with Massachusetts.